Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Cisco Meraki is the industry leader in simple, secure, intelligent networking and IoT platforms. We empower organizations everywhere – from local libraries to global hotels – to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works.
Cisco has been named #1 Best Company to Work For in the U.S. by Fortune in 2021!
The Executive Assistant provides executive support to the Head of SW Engineering (SVP & CTO). The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a balance among multiple priorities. You will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, while also handling a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. This role offers the opportunity to take on increasing levels of executive support and gain exposure to many aspects of our business.
What you will do:
- Complete a wide range of administrative tasks including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is occasionally confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure schedule is followed and appropriately prioritized; keeping them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the leadership team including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of, the supported staff on a range of issues.
- Plan and coordinate team events including related travel occasionally.
- Take on special projects as needed.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in an administrative role in the technology or similar industry.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across a large and diverse team.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to solving problems with strong decision-making capability.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve ambitious goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google applications (Calendar, Docs, Sheets).
- Must be willing to work pacific time zone hours.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.