Lead Site Reliability Engineer, Infrastructure (Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
The Meraki Cloud supports millions of customer devices from 8 data centers worldwide. Meraki’s customer base has grown by a factor of 2-3 every year, serving billions of HTTP requests per day globally. Our customers depend on our products to run their critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs and security cameras.
Our SREs are responsible for building and growing the cloud that supports these customers and their networks. As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer on the IaaS team, you will lead the design, development and operation of a large-scale Hybrid Cloud deployment that is self-service, readily available, reliable, scalable and ahead of our predicted growth.
This role is to support a specific customer, and there is a 24/7 on-call requirement as part of a rotation. You will work with your team to deliver technical projects to support the broader business while spending a portion of your time working cross-team to support this critical customer.
What you would be working on:
- Deploying and running IaC solutions that enable teams to run seamlessly between our private and public clouds.
- Deploying and management of an automatic Infrastructure lifecycle using a workflow orchestrator (Apache Airflow).
- Deploy and operate large, high-performance Apache Airflow clusters.
- Deploy and manage BMaaS solutions that integrate with our automatic lifecycle.
- Deploying comprehensive monitoring tools to provide insight into the performance and reliability of our infrastructure.
- Automating testing infrastructure to accelerate the velocity at which we can deploy changes.
- Integrate our IaaS solutions with Backstage.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- Experience leading, designing, deploying and operating large technical projects - mainly working with cloud systems, networking, distributed systems, or data processing frameworks (ETL pipelines).
- Experience developing with languages like Ruby, Python or Go.
- Have experience running and/or developing highly scalable IaaS solutions.
- Interest in working on a highly autonomous team that cares deeply about quality and customer experience.
- Being curious, able to learn fast and feel comfortable diving into unfamiliar code and systems to solve problems.
- Direct experience with the following technologies (or similar): Terraform, Gitlab, Airflow, Ansible, Kafka, Netbox, AWS, Docker, ECS, K8s, Prometheus, SNMP, MaaS, Thinkerbell and Packer.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.