Full Stack Developer
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Cisco Meraki’s Support group is a growing, global, and diverse team of highly knowledgeable and empathetic customer advisors. We strive to guide our customers to successful outcomes with a mix of critical thinking and the grit to implement the next best action.
About the role
Cisco Meraki is looking for a full-stack software engineer to develop the next generation of features, services, and integrations to provide a seamless customer experience.
You will join a team of highly-skilled, best-in-class developers and will directly feel the positive impact of your work in our Meraki web dashboard that serves over half-a-million customers globally.
A typical work week might consist of deploying a deeply-desired feature request to an existing service, Spiking ideas towards a proof-of-concept as part of Agile project work, Collaborating with Product Managers, UX Designers and Technical PMs to create intuitive and powerful workflows to solve critical business problems.
80% Software project work
- Comfortable jumping to and from different programming languages and building APIs in between
- Test early and often, and apply reporting and metrics to gauge the success of deployed features
- Example projects:
- Create powerful new features using Ruby MVC architecture on our customer-facing self-service portal
- Evolve and expand our customer chat messaging application that integrates with Salesforce
- Enhance our customer’s experience by re-architecting our case creation workstream
- Drive simplicity into our returns process with powerful integrations to help our customers & internal teams
- Bring your innovative ideas using the latest technologies for feature implementation
- Build valuable artifacts like architecture and design documentation for “Day 2” support
- Participate in interviews to help us build and shape our Software team
- Be the open and helpful engineer that you would like to see in others
20% Professional development
- Stay proficient in the latest theory and standard methodologies in the web development ecosystem
- Find the intersection between your personal development interests and our business needs to identify side projects
- 2+ years of experience writing professional production code
- Ruby on Rails integration with Salesforce/Mulesoft using REST APIs is a huge plus
- Experience building rich web UIs with React (and Redux) or similar frameworks
- Proficient in web backend technologies, like Ruby on Rails.
- Good database design skills in a relational database (we use Postgres)
- Unit Testing frameworks like RSpec and Factory-Bot
- Solid problem-solving skills and Curious to solve open-ended problems across the stack
- Experience with DevOps processes for continuous deployment is a plus
Why Cisco Meraki:
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.