Technical Program Manager, NPI
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free hard-working people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. Come be a part of the team that delivers innovative products for businesses and organizations of all sizes.
Meraki is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager for driving New Product Introduction (NPI) for our hardware and software programs. As a Technical Program Manager, you will be working closely with our Hardware engineering, Software engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Support, Sales, Strategy, Finance, Legal and Operations teams to manage, facilitate, and deliver new products with Cisco Meraki from concept to delivery. Our goal is to deliver high quality products on time and within budget.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Lead NPI programs / projects for Meraki product portfolios
- Build and drive program plans with well-managed dependencies and partner alignment
- Understand product use-cases and communicate technically with engineering teams
- Implement and track program work, milestones, action items, dependencies, risks, and mitigation plans
- Craft project status reporting and deliver executive briefings to update senior leaders and partners
- Adhere to metrics and governance for Meraki’s process and provide inputs for process improvement
- Cultivate healthy collaboration between teams and develop strong working relationships with multi-functional teams to best understand and deliver on the business goals and priorities
You are ideal for this role if you have:
- Bachelors or higher degree in a related technical field or equivalent experience in software engineering / hardware engineering and NPI
- 4+ years of proven experience as an Engineering Program Manager or Technical Program Manager in software, hardware, embedded, or product delivery
- Consistent track record of delivering high quality products start to finish
- Experience working across global teams to drive programs, optimally through multiple time zones
- Experience working in medium to large size companies that have gone through personnel growth in the SW engineering organization
- Strong understanding of hardware and software development for bringing new products to market
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Experience with project planning tools (JIRA, Gantt charts, Wrike, MS Project, Confluence, Google Docs, Sharepoint)
- Proficient in Agile Process Management Processes. Should be able to deal well with rapid changes, and feel comfortable navigating uncertain/ambiguous situations.
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. You will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high quality snacks, a coffee bar, catered lunches every day, and a generous benefits package.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.