Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter. As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. Headquartered in San Francisco, the team has a growing international footprint with offices in Europe, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and China.
Digital Workplace sits at the center of Meraki, at the intersection of physical space and technology. We craft, build and maintain the tools and infrastructure which enable Meraki to deliver on our mission of cloud-native networking anywhere in the world. We are a team that cares deeply for our colleagues, on and off our team, and is committed to enabling the success and well-being of our teams. We are always looking for opportunities to simplify everything - bridging the complexity of technology to deliver a Meraki that enables our teams to focus on their work. As a member of the Digital Workplace Leadership Team, you will be an integral part in developing Meraki’s products as the voice of the customer within our business, and an integral part of our “Customer Zero” program to influence and advise new Meraki and Cisco products and our Support and Sales journey. Making IT Easier, Faster and Smarter starts with you.
We are looking for a Director of Information Technology to transform our employee support into a hybrid, forward-looking enterprise organization passionate about outstanding employee experience. In this role, you will be responsible for an employee-facing support program to deliver a “One place for help with any problem” experience. In this role, you will be responsible for Employee support, including tactical execution and strategy. You will lead a globally distributed team of IT professionals of varying experience both on-site and remote to deliver a program that empowers our staff to do their best work. The ideal candidate leads with compassion for Merakians both on and off their team and works cross-functionally to achieve their goals. If you’re looking for the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others and build the next generation of IT support, we’d love to hear from you.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for strategy and performance of a multi-tiered Global Support Program tasked with delivering an outstanding employee experience for a distributed and co-located global staff
- Lead Solutions Engineering (Systems Administration) teams responsible for Tier 1 incident response, patching, automation, and improvements to employee-facing infrastructure and tools
- Build and maintain a centralized self-service portal for Merakians, including support and business documentation
- Enable Customer Zero efforts as a key partner, ensuring availability, access, and integration of Meraki products into Merakian’s work experience. This includes partnering with Networking, Product and employee experience teams to develop, test and deploy new Cisco products
- Partner with Digital Workplace Experience (DWX) team to enable Office technology including AV, Networking and Lab environments
- Partner with Senior Director and cross-functional peers to define and drive an effective, aligned, and coordinated Employee Support strategy.
- Define and execute strategic efforts to advance Meraki’s employee support model to deliver a “one place, any problem” engagement model.
Who You Are:
- Embraces the vision of a successful Information Technology team as a strategic advantage for an organization, providing technology vision and partnership in addition to critical support to efficiency and the business.
- Solid ability to work cross-functionally, and experience working across those relationships to scale an organization.
- Proven ability to grow and guide teams and individuals through sophisticated and complicated customer support experiences.
- Forward-thinking strategist with skills in organizational change and transformation.
- Solid background and demonstrable skills leading teams tasked with core business services, including:
- Global employee support
- Systems Administration
- Modern PaaS and SaaS tools
- Network Administration
- Proven background in using data science to advise business strategy and solutions
- Background in Customer Service / Support
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.