Software Engineer, SASE (Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Meraki Software Engineers breathe life into our cloud-managed network-attached devices, which include switches, routers, security appliances, wireless access, sensors, and security cameras. We use real-time telemetry from thousands of deployed networks spanning the globe to continuously improve the performance and stability of our products. We are passionate about building real products that our customers love.
As a Cloud Network Services Engineer, you will be part of a growing cross-functional team that is enriching the Meraki portfolio to include cloud-based networking and security delivered as a service to our customers for our own data centers. You will have impact by contributing to software that is part of a massive distributed system of embedded network devices and cloud services deployed around the globe. Your code will run from the cloud to the data center to the branch, underpinning the services that keep millions of networks running, freeing our customers to focus on what is most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IT and security easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Experience with C, C++, Go or Rust
- 3+ years experience in a production software engineering environment
- Experience developing and troubleshooting in a Linux environment
- Experience working with and writing concurrent programs
- Understanding of OS fundamentals and experience working with low level system software
- Foundational IP networking knowledge
Bonus points for:
- Linux kernel development
- High speed networking dataplane development experience (VPP, eBPF, P4, DPDK)
- Experience with container orchestration
- Experience building cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. web applications)
- Experience developing and implementing core network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, ARP)
- Experience developing and implementing routing protocols (BGP/OSPF, VPN, IPv4/IPv6)
- Scripting skills in Ruby or Python
- Experience working with version control, specifically Git
- Experience with Yocto
- Experience debugging distributed systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That's a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from diverse backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.