Hardware Program Manager, Wireless
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Our San Francisco Hardware team is seeking a technical expert in Wireless development to build future Meraki’s MR Cloud-Managed Wireless Access Points products.
Our Hardware Program Managers lead all products and control every aspect of creation. From architecture and initial sketches through detailed design and the final drive to mass and sustaining production, nothing escapes the HWPM’s sphere of influence and responsibility. Join our high-impact team and work with every part of the machine that brings the Meraki Magic to market!
- Develop architecture, author PRDs, and participate in RFQs for our wireless access point portfolio.
- Validate and iterate on layout and schematics. Drive vendor approvals.
- Control product schedule through NPI, coordinating with ME, sourcing, packaging, certification, and quality teams. Provide technical guidance as needed.
- Interface with firmware resources and incorporate feedback into the development plan.
- Develop manufacturing flow, test plans, and quality processes.
- Work with Product Management, Supply Chain, and Marketing to coordinate launch plans.
- Cooperate with quality and sourcing through sustaining production. Lead FA as required.
- BS and/or MS in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience working with hardware products.
- Expertise in RF and wireless standards.
- Have a track record of successful end to end product development
- Able to travel up to 20% to Taiwan and China pre Covid
- Experience with antenna design
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and build management.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great leaders come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
CISCO COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.