Senior Network Systems Engineer, Core Product
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
The modern world runs on the internet, and the internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
As a member of the Core Product team, you will be responsible for crafting and implementing features that improve the reliability, simplicity, security, and performance of our products. Our projects are driven by technological innovation and developer creativity in addition to market demands, giving you the structure and freedom to pursue projects you are most passionate about. With millions of people using Meraki products around the world, your work will have a significant impact from the day it is deployed.
As a Senior Security Software Engineer you will:
- Collaborate with the Product Security team to continually improve the security of our products
- Work closely with the Hardware Engineering team to add support for new Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs)
- Create/update/maintain bootloaders and device drivers that interact with TPMs
- Participate and lead in the design and development of platform and system level software/firmware for Meraki products
- Collaborate with engineers across product teams to architect features that delight our customers
- Participate in code reviews and mentor junior engineers
- Drive debugging of issues when things don't go as planned
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience writing production code in C/C++
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with embedded security technologies such as Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs), Secure Boot, Cryptography
- The ability to work and collaborate across multiple product lines and hardware stacks
Bonus points for:
- Expertise in networking, especially with SSL/TLS
- Experience with security-related aspects of systems design, hardening, and vulnerability patch management
- Experience with embedded systems development such as Yocto and buildroot
- Experience with BSPs, U-Boot, and Linux integration
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, GitLab, and Jenkins
- Passion to improve code, implement reusable design patterns, and use industry best coding practices
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great teams come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.