Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us!! By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest-growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
In this highly collaborative role, you will own the strategy, implementation, and maintenance of the materials planning process across all product lines. This is a strategic supply chain role that will be partnering with manufacturing and supply partners to ensure a continuous flow of materials in support of production schedules.
Qualified candidates will have excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and a strong organizational methodology. In addition, you will have a high degree of adaptability and a willingness to dive in and get things done, all while keeping the big picture in sight.
- Be responsible for the readiness, availability, and visibility of materials vital to meet production schedules and overall supply/demand goals
- Partner with JDMs and suppliers to develop materials flow models.
- Build allocation strategies for constrained products that improve revenue
- Identify E & O and other material risks, recommend a critical course of action, and own the efforts to mitigate liabilities to the business
- Design JDM dashboard, KPIs, and reporting structure to supervise the flow of materials at supplier sites
- Perform periodic audits to supervise raw materials and WIP inventory levels at the supplier sites
- Prepare and communicate critical materials updates for NPIs, Sustaining and EOL materials
- Develop positive relationships with JDMs and suppliers
- Engage with GSM & CSP at central Cisco for the component on escalation and allocation
- Outstandingly clear; distill complicated ideas into just the right number of words. An excellent listener who can pinpoint what compels an audience.
- Able to work between cross-functional teams, minimize conflict, and advise team members on building consensus.
- Use data and team member inputs to make decisions on prioritization and resource allocation. You set measures for success and are committed to quantifying impact.
- Fiercely collaborative. Take an organization-level view and are equally invested in the success of other departments. Invite and act on different points of view.
- Investing in your team’s development, both technically and career-wise. Take the time to know what encourages and motivates each person and contribute to making work meaningful.
- A protector of Meraki’s talent.
- Bachelor’s preferably in Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering
- 5+ years of inventory planning or material management experience in the consumer electronics or hi-tech manufacturing industry
- Cisco experience is a plus
- APICS CPIM certified preferred
- Exposure to contract manufacturing/ODM model preferred
- Strong analytical and Excel skills
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great leaders come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.