Hardware Lab Support Tech/Test Automation Engineer (Contract)
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Our San Francisco Hardware team is seeking a Lab Technician/Test Automation Engineer on a Contracting Basis. Supporting our Quality hardware lab, the role requires excellent soldering and assembly skills as well as a working knowledge of standard digital and RF test equipment. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, able to multitask several projects, able to read schematics and PCB layout files, collaborate with engineers to perform DVT testing of Meraki products, generate and review test reports, schedule regular equipment calibration, and maintain the lab. Proficiency in Excel and Word is a must. The ability to automate test verification is a plus.
- Build and Assemble Test Fixtures
- Soldering and Assembling
- Perform Digital Verification Tests
- Read Schematics and PCB Layout Files
- Measure Voltage, Current, and Signal Integrity
- Perform Functional PCB Testing
- Perform System Level Testing
- Perform Reliability/Stress Testing
- Review/Create Test Reports
- Breadboard Circuits
- Repair/Modify Printed Circuit Boards and Equipment
- Monitor and Track Product Performance, Lab Equipment Inventory and Equipment Calibration
- Work with Facilities to Set Up and Maintain Lab
- Comfortable working with Cadence Tools for schematics & PCB layouts
- Expert Soldering skills
- Performed digital DVT Test. Huge plus if you’ve performed RF DVT Testing.
- Familiar with standard lab equipment (e.g. Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, etc.)
- Working in the networking space is a huge plus!!!
- Solid debugging skills and root-cause analysis
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great leaders come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.