Technical Project Manager - Cloud
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free hardworking people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Meraki is seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager for driving multi-functional cloud engineering programs. Come be part of the team that delivers groundbreaking products for businesses and organizations of all sizes. As a Technical Program Manager, you will work closely with our Engineering, Product Management and other teams to shepherd projects through all phases of development. Our goal is to deliver high quality products to achieve target success.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Lead multi-functional programs for Meraki’s Dashboard, cloud backend, and SRE
- Programs include APIs, test quality and code coverage, meeting patching SLAs, internal developer enablement, building device management solutions, authentication and authorization, product integration with other Cisco products, private cloud scaling, supporting new regions and compliance regimes, component maturity, and framework upgrades
- Lead requests & technical dependencies from both internal Meraki and broader Cisco teams
- Support engineering teams in inter-team requests and alignment on larger initiatives
- Build and drive program plan with well led dependencies and partner alignment
- Implement and track program work, achievements, action items, technical dependencies, risks, and mitigation plans
- Conduct root cause analysis on failure/bugs to better understand why things went wrong and to propose changes to prevent future occurrences
- Drive opportunities for improvement after key project completion to learn how to improve existing ways of working and processes
- Work with engineers, product managers, and other program managers to help define priorities
- Understand product use cases and communicate technically with engineering and product teams
- Develop strong working relationships with multi-functional teams to best understand and deliver on business goals and priorities
- Prepare program status reports and executive briefings for various partner groups
- Adhere to metrics and governance for Meraki’s process and drive process improvements
- Driving Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) and Quality Reviews for the Cloud team, including management of high severity bugs
You are ideal for this role if you have:
- Bachelors or higher degree in a related technical field or equivalent experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of experience as Project Manager in software, networking and cloud technologies or products
- 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager in specifically in software products and cloud backend technologies
- Strong understanding of software development processes and Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience working with project planning tools (Jira, Wrike, Confluence, Google Docs)
- Appetite for rapid changes and comfort with navigating through uncertain/ambiguous situations
- Experience working in an agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc…) environment
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.