Lab Equipment Manager, MS
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
About the role:
As an MS Lab Specialist, you will be part of the Engineering team that will focus on supporting and maintaining all aspects of Development Lab infrastructure and a wide variety of hardware, operating systems, and applications. You will help the firmware engineer develop a static test infrastructure that will support the engineering team in testing and fixing bugs and regression issues.
- Designing and maintaining lab topologies and documentation Procuring, racking, and stacking lab equipment Identify and replace failed equipment in a timely manner
- Configuring and maintaining uptime of all network switches, routers, wireless access points, servers, firewalls, PDUs, etc.
- Setting up different testing topologies and write/verify tests scripts.
- Help development team to re-create topologies for customer issues.
- System administration experience in configuring and provisioning Linux, Windows, and other virtualization environments
- Ability to automate workflows using scripting languages and tools such as Ansible, Ruby, Python a strong plus
- Working experience of network protocols (DNS, DHCP, VLAN), IP address management, routing, etc.
- Troubleshooting common networking problems
- Develop and maintain resource reservation system
Minimum Requirements: (“Must have” Qualifications)
- Working Experience of network Protocols (DHCP, VLAN), IP address management, routing, etc.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages.
- Experience in network support.
Desired Skills/Qualifications/System Experience requirements: (“Nice to have Qualifications”)
- CCNA/CCNP or similar practical experience
- Experience in setting up a Lab infrastructure
- Experience with various networking tools, like packet generation and capture tools.
About Cisco Meraki:
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IT and security easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
Wondering What Working at Cisco Meraki is Like?
Picture a beautiful office, balanced catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, an onsite gym, and paid time off to volunteer. Cisco Meraki has crafted an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. We are confident you will love it here.
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from a diverse set of backgrounds
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.