Product Manager - SASE Monitoring & Visibility
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Who we are
We’re a group of engineers, technologists, designers, and more building products and capabilities that are simple to use and easy to manage. We seek forward-thinking, committed team members who are passionate about new innovative ways to deliver value to customers. Working at Cisco Meraki across network and security teams means being surrounded by intelligent and creative people who are determined to reinvent the network and security industry with innovative products and services.
What we do
The Cisco+ Secure Connect team is transforming the way networking and security is delivered with a cloud-first approach. Our teams are small and fast-paced, striving always to make our products outstanding by balancing feature-rich abilities and simplicity. This is an exciting opportunity to get in at the early stages of a critical initiative that will drive our overall transformation to as-a-service offers.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a Product Manager to research, identify, and own the visibility, monitoring, and troubleshooting experience that would extend across Cisco’s Networking and Security portfolios to deliver new value to customers. For example -
* What are the problems that really prevent users from being productive in their work?
* Can we predict what may impact the end-user experience and remediate before it happens?
* If things go wrong, can we fix it for our customers?
In this position, you will define the requirements for a new innovative E2E customer experience when using Cloud-enabled network and security services. You will use data streams coming from millions of sources to further simplify and improve the experience.
You will partner with product, UX, and engineering teams that are passionate about delivering groundbreaking innovation from hardware, through software, and all the way to the cloud.
You will collaborate with the product leadership team to establish the products’ roadmap and strategy, outline collaboration with other business units and external companies, Sales, Support, and Marketing.
We are changing the way the industry thinks about networking and security, and you will lead the charge to continue the evolution by creating something new, innovative, and disruptive.
* Define and prioritize core use cases, supported by customer and competitive research, and sales insights
* Author user stories and drive agile product planning with engineering
* Define initial proofs of concept in partnership with engineering. Integrate findings into the product roadmap
* Build an and end-to-end product experience that is simple to deploy and easy to manage, partnering with UX
* Evangelize the product strategy internally (with sales, engineering, other product organizations) and externally (with customers and partners)
* Identify and prioritize internal Cisco product integrations, partnering with appropriate business units within the company
* Drive customer adoption through all phases of the product including pilot, beta, and launch
To be successful in this role you will:
* Be passionate about crafting market leading products with excellent user experience
* Establish a strong vision for the product across the team
* Have a strong background in SaaS application development and the software development lifecycle
* Have technical expertise with IT Networking or Security, with an understanding of complex monitoring/visibility/troubleshooting tools.
* OR - have proven experience building products for service-based companies with complex monitoring/visibility/troubleshooting tools.
* Data driven and analytics-based focus
* Have a hands-on nature with a strong curiosity about technology products
* Take strong initiative with ability to work independently with limited direction
* Confidently present in front of audiences of all sizes
* Be a great written and verbal communicator
* 2-5 years of Product Management experience in an agile environment
* Entrepreneurship, creative problem-solving skills, and a strong desire to make an impact
* Expertise in Design Thinking methodologies and working with UX on dashboards, alerting, and/or support tools
* Ability to dig into how complex things work, and determining how to make them simpler
* Ability to collaborate with multiple product management groups and other functional teams
Why Cisco Meraki?
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.