Leader, Product Management - Meraki MT Sensors
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Meraki MT sensors make use of millions of existing Cisco WLAN and camera devices for connectivity. This has created an opportunity to make an impact on the adoption of IoT in a way that very few other companies could. If you want a chance to change an industry, this is that chance.
You will lead and build a small, highly skilled team. You have a global brand and 25,000 sales people. The product is launched, and although successful, it could be so much more. What do you do now?
This is a unique opportunity to develop an emerging product family where you enjoy the benefit of Meraki’s agile startup culture, while gaining the scale and resources of a global corporation such as Cisco. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of the MT sensor product group and leading a multi disciplinary team, while being directly responsible for mentoring and developing a small cadre of product managers.
By using many best-in-class technologies and infrastructure components already in use at Meraki, you will have the opportunity to create at a scale that would be impossible on your own. All of this is possible when working with a diverse and extraordinarily skilled collection of people. From developers to marketeers, sales people to executives, you will influence, empower, and advise a wide variety of resources to achieve the collective goal.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Be an industry expert in your field
- Take a product concept from nothing to something
- Define, own, and execute a 3-year roadmap
- Have ultimate responsibility for everything related to your product family
- Be involved in everything. Your mission is to work out what will make the difference at any given time, focusing on positively impacting that outcome when there isn’t time to do everything.
- Collaborate with every department across the company
- Manage a small team, lead a bigger one
- Spend up to 20% of your time travelling to see customers and attending industry events
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- An entrepreneur, a risk taker, someone who looks beyond tomorrow
- Someone with a curious nature and a love of new and emerging technologies
- Customer empathy, but with the critical thinking needed to ask the difficult questions
- An abstract problem solver who can spot the patterns of high value customer problems
- Skilled negotiator with the ability to influence executives and other business leaders
- Ability to distil complicated ideas into just the right number of words
- A story teller, a natural passion for the product, a sales person in disguise
- MVP execution. Someone with experience shipping new products i.e. a product that has not previously been developed by that organization, not an iteration on an existing product
- 3+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience with an IoT or sensor product
- Experience working in a sales or marketing role
- Start-up experience or equivalent small agile company
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.