Product Cost Analyst, Hardware Sourcing
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
As the Product Cost Analyst, you’ll be part of Meraki’s Hardware Engineering group within in the Sourcing team. You’ll be responsible for tracking and analyzing standard and actual program / product costs, and drive & track margin targets and analyze program expenses throughout the program lifecycle and well into mass production.
A key success factor for this role will be the ability to facilitate end-to-end cost analysis and reporting across Meraki Engineering Teams, Finance, Sourcing and Meraki’s contract manufacturers. You’ll have significant internal and external visibility within Meraki and will be positioned to learn Meraki’s product and program budgets from the ground up.
The successful candidate will be a deeply analytical thinker, able to manage multiple projects successfully and build strong partnerships across departments.
- Analyze program-level budgets across the product’s life cycle.
- Analyse and track product bill of material costs across new products’ life cycles
- Help set and audit Meraki’s quarterly sustaining purchase order costs
- Audit Purchase Price Variance claims from Meraki’s contract manufacturers
- Ad-hoc analyses to support Meraki’s Sourcing, Hardware & Finance organizations
- 3-5 years in a Sourcing, Financial or Product Operations Role
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain / Sourcing
- Demonstrated success and projects with a Financial and/or Sourcing Background
- Be able to demonstrate mastery of basic financial skills (i.e margins, budgetary reporting, balance sheets)
- Excel / Google Docs Mastery
- Experience building cost dashboards a plus
- Experience interacting with contract manufacturers a plus
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great leaders come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.