Engineering Program Manager, Wireless
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
Our San Francisco Wireless Hardware Program group is looking to attract an Engineering Program Manager who will focus on collaborative products by us and our parent company, Cisco.
As the Program Manager, you will:
- Lead weekly platform meetings with collaborators from Meraki & Cisco, as well as prepare executive briefings as needed.
- Lead multi-functional team communication (internal/external to Meraki) and establish yourself as the beacon of truth for all program-related updates.
- Possess a firm understanding of the Hardware, Software, QA, Manufacturing, and NPI processes, and can optimally filter through multi-functional team updates and highlight program risks.
- Bachelors or higher degree in a related technical field (Electrical, Electronics Engineering/Computer Science) or equivalent experience in hardware and/or software engineering
- Proven experience as a Program Manager in software, hardware, or product teams
- Successful track record of launching enterprise/consumer products
- High-level understanding & background in Electrical, Mechanical, Thermal, RF, etc engineering subject areas
- Basic understanding of embedded software development, device drivers, & software release methodology
- Understand and deal well with rapid development cycles and constant change; remain flexible and calm
- Strong understanding of CM/JDM manufacturing processes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great leaders come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.