Support Product Specialist - Switching (IOS)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Cisco Meraki is the industry leader in simple, secure, intelligent networking and IoT platforms. We empower organizations everywhere – from local libraries to global hotels – to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works.
Cisco has been named #1 Best Company to Work For in the U.S. by Fortune in 2021 and 2022!
What we're looking for
As a Support Product Specialist at Meraki, you will be an authority in the function of Meraki’s Switching (IOS) product line, using your expertise to help identify, present, and prioritize product issues that are discovered by Meraki’s Support team. You will establish relationships with our Switching (MS) Product Management and Engineering teams to ensure that product trends, product serviceability, and the customer experience are represented in the product development lifecycle. An average work week might consist of investigating bug reports, performing in-depth technical troubleshooting, crafting user documentation and training for Support, and meeting with your PM and Engineering counterparts to discuss issues associated with the Meraki product line.
- Work on self-assigned Switching (IOS) related bug reports that are sent in by our Support engineers, helping our engineers get to the bottom of complex networking issues.
- Mentor our Support team empathetically on troubleshooting, data gathering, and bug report formatting.
- As the voice of Support and Meraki’s customers, prioritize the Switching bug backlog by working directly with Engineering and Product Management.
- Present compelling trends about our Switching (IOS) products in Support cases, firmware, software, and users to increase customer loyalty and improve our products.
- Build user documentation and training modules for our Support team, ensuring that your specialized knowledge is shared with our diverse team of network engineers.
- Collaborate with PM and Engineering to build better Support experiences and enhance Meraki’s simplicity.
- Keep our Support organization up to date on the latest product developments, bridging product information from PM and Engineering back to our network engineers.
Do you love to pursue networking certifications? Are you eager to attend industry meetups that relate to networking, programming, or CX? On the Support Product Specialists team, we strongly value your continued professional development. We encourage you to spend 20% of your time:
- Acquiring certifications and learning programming languages
- Performing in-depth exploration of Meraki products
- Attending industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Exploring new tools and advancements in the field of computer networking
- You have 5+ years of experience working with Switching and IOS-related technologies
- You have hands-on experience identifying and writing bug reports for Switching and IOS technologies
- You have experience working with bug tracking / reporting software, such as JIRA or Salesforce
- You have generated technical troubleshooting or configuration documentation for computer networking technologies
- You have programming experience with Ruby, Python, and/or SQL
- You have acquired or are seeking “Expert” level networking certification such as CCIE, etc.
Are you wondering what it's like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a beautiful office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer for causes you believe in. Cisco Meraki has created an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. We are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.