Lead Engineer- Mobile & IoT
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their employees, students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IT and security easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
Meraki’s mobile applications support all our product lines, across the networking stack, enterprise-grade security camera systems, and IoT sensors. All our products are cloud managed, meaning that deploying a network for a small business or for the largest retail franchises is simple. The mobile apps are used by IT and security professionals around the world to quickly monitor, troubleshoot and manage their deployments.
As a technical leader on the Mobile Camera and IoT team, you will work closely with a small team of mobile feature engineers and the rest of the mobile app teams, design and product management to build great solutions that add value and simplicity for our end users. Your team’s mission is to simplify the workflows of physical security and network administrators with elegant, powerful mobile experiences.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the design and product management teams and decide what we should build, and why
- Work with the mobile platform team to utilize and expand Meraki's shared mobile app code base
- Use bluetooth or other technologies to enable a mobile-only superpowers (installation, troubleshooting, monitoring)
- Guide and enable your team to build apps that we can support, and carry forward for many years - systems and designs that last
- Break down and prioritizing lists of product requirements into smaller, deployable features
- Perform technical design and code reviews & promote best practices and design patterns
- Mentor engineers
- Build mobile expertise across teams and promote a learning culture
- 5+ years of mobile development or React experience (experience with React Native is a plus)
- Experience writing automated tests for product features
- Experience working cross-functionally
Bonus points for:
- Up-to-date on latest React and React Native architectures, releases, trends, design patterns, libraries and ecosystem
- Mobile CI/CD expertise (Automated build & deploy, E2E Testing, etc.)
- Ruby on Rails or Golang experience
- Networking experience
- Video player experience
- react-native-web experience
- 2+ years leading or mentoring engineers
Wondering What Working at Cisco Meraki is Like?
Picture a beautiful office, balanced catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, an onsite gym, and paid time off to volunteer. Cisco Meraki has crafted an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. We are confident you will love it here.
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from a diverse set of backgrounds
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.