Senior Data Science Manager (Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
We believe that when passionate people are able to spend less time struggling with technology, they can spend more time on what matters - like teaching children, running businesses, keeping airports safe, and connecting disaster victims with relief. That’s the real power of simplicity. Cisco Meraki is the leader in cloud-managed IT, thanks to our creative, inclusive, fearless team that is driven to simplify technology so the world can simply work!
Cisco Meraki is revolutionizing the way IT administrators manage their infrastructure by providing simple and secure cloud-managed solutions! With a large install base of customers and rich, multi-dimensional data sets, the potential for data analytics to improve business performance for both our customers and our own business is enormous.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Data Science team is a growing group that works closely with executives and leaders across the company to support the business strategy. As a Senior Manager of Data Science, you will develop multi-functional relationships and use quantitative methods to deliver value to the customers and enable data-driven product development. This would be an outstanding fit for a technical leader who has the ability to work autonomously, and can drive technical efforts building robust and resilient auto-scaling ML solutions. If you love to shape the vision and strategic role of Data Science, then this will be the role for you.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Engage with Product and Engineering leaders to identify and deliver customer centric strategic analysis to find opportunities and support key Application domain product and business initiatives beyond the scope of supporting reactive requests.
- Lead development of ML solutions collaborating with the Data Science Infrastructure team through every stage of ML workflow including data ingestion, model building, and model ops.
- Collaborate actively with Product Management, Engineering and UX to measure the impact of product launches, including validating behavior tracking, defining success metrics, aligning on experimental approaches and communicating metrics impact
- Work with partners across organizations to improve data infrastructure, enrich dataset and improve data quality to support ML solutions at scale
- Manager and guide a team of Data Analysts and Data Scientists and provide guidance on technical models and analyses produced by the team.
WHAT SKILLS YOU POSSES
- 8+ years of Data Science experience for software products, e.g. networking software, online shopping, social site, streaming services, gaming, etc.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience of building and retaining a high-performance and diverse Data Science team in a formal capacity
- Masters/PhD in Statistics, Operation Research, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or a quantitative field preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership across managing high visibility projects and solve problems quickly with minimal oversight
- Outstanding problem solving, technical and data science skills
- Strong written and oral presentation skills and able to communicate sophisticated concepts to various audience
- Attention to details and balance operation and strategic perspective of running data science organization
- Proficiency with Excel, SQL, Statistical modeling, web analytics tool, and Python (or R)
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- 2+ years of experience in Networking Product domain
- 2+ years of experience lead technical decisions and design discussions
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That's a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from diverse backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
Compensation Range: $166,700 - $269,600
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.