Senior Security Engineer (PSIRT) (Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most important to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and intelligent with technology that simply works.
The modern world runs on the internet, and the internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
As a member of the Meraki Product Security Incident and Response team, you will have a substantial impact on the security of millions of Cisco Meraki users around the world. Meraki PSIRT handles the receipt, investigation and public disclosure of security vulnerability information that is related to Cisco Meraki products and networks.
At Meraki, teams work on an exciting array of groundbreaking technologies from artificial intelligence & machine learning, to desktop agents, to container orchestration in the cloud and within IoT device firmware. We believe in fostering a positive culture by hiring, mentoring, and empowering smart, helpful, humble people and providing equal opportunities for all employees to thrive. With the support of management, we constantly look within for ways to improve organizationally. We maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and innovative resources of a larger company to change cloud-based networking as we know it. We are confident you will love it here!
As a PSIRT Security Engineer you will:
- Design and establish vulnerability disclosure process customized for various cases e.g. 3rd party CVEs, bug bounty program, vulnerability scan results etc.
- Take ownership and handle inbound reports of security vulnerabilities, engaging directly with various internal engineering, support, communications, legal teams etc. to drive issues to resolution.
- Drafting publications for the disclosure of security vulnerabilities as well as lower-severity security-impacting defects
- Communicating status of PSIRT involvement at all levels of management, both internal and external
- Responding to and managing customer-impacting security events
- Working collaboratively with specialists across Cisco to diagnose and solve sophisticated technical problems.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with various internal business units and other key partners to effectively resolve issues without any barriers
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or 5+ years of related work experience required
- 2+ years of experience in application, network and system security
- Have experience performing source code-enabled security assessments, root cause, and adjacency analysis in C/C++, Ruby.
- Have understanding of secure development basics such as the least privilege, attack surfaces, and coding practices (OWASP, threat modeling, etc)
- Effective written and verbal communication regardless of audience or issue complexity
- Understands roles and responsibilities of other Security Research and Operations teams and how to best demonstrate their skills in the resolution of security incidents.
- Ability to assemble and lead teams to resolve security incidents
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of and experience with applying Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS), Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE), and OWASP processes and remediation recommendations
- Experience with IoT platforms, large-scale distributed systems, and/or client-server architectures
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.