Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Cisco Meraki knows that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
The Cisco Meraki BU Learning & Development team is looking for an experienced technical Content Manager to join our team. As a Content Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Meraki Documentation, helping to develop and reinforce content standards, managing edit requests and overseeing the review process for content generated by our Technical Support, Product Management, and Engineering teams.
Content Management (40%)
- Maintain the structure and organization of Meraki Documentation
- Manage the content review process to ensure new content meets content standards
- Partner with stakeholder teams to develop governance plans and maintenance programs
- Use reporting and analytics to assess content performance and make recommendations for improving underperforming content
- Be a vocal advocate of new processes to introduce editorial rigor
Content Editing (40%)
- Edit rough drafts created by Technical Support, Product Management and Engineering teams
- Manage edit request channels and ensure that edits are completed in a timely manner
- Improve cross-departmental communication related to documentation updates
- Proactively identify and remedy outdated content that does not meet standards
Professional Development (20%)
We encourage and value professional development. Plan and use up to 20% of your time to develop yourself, which could look like:
- Staying well-versed in new or emerging content management concepts and platforms, acquiring industry certifications, attending meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Developing knowledge of networking concepts and learning more about Meraki products
- Finding the intersection between your personal development interests and our business needs to identify side initiatives
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Clear and concise written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in a clear and concise format
- 3 years of experience in managing content or documentation for internal and external audiences
- Experience building content management processes in a large, global organization
- Experience with web analytics and tools, including Google Analytics
- Experience with a variety of content management systems
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts
- Experience developing content standards for accessibility
- Experience with information architecture, developing or managing taxonomies and schema
- Familiarity with project management methodologies
Why Cisco Meraki:
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.