Product Manager - MX Platforms
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest-growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
The Cisco Meraki team is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join the Secure SD-WAN team, responsible for Cisco Meraki’s MX, MG, and Z Hardware product lines!
Come be part of the new team that delivers groundbreaking products for businesses and organizations of all sizes.
As a Cisco Meraki Product Manager, your daily tasks will include working closely with our Hardware engineering, Software engineering, Program Management, Marketing, Support, Sales, Strategy, Finance, Legal, and Operations teams to orchestrate products from conceptualization through all phases of product development.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a dedicated team of brilliant engineers to not only shape, but actually build the future of WAN Edge Networking (SD-Everything, really…) at Cisco Meraki and greater Cisco.
You will work closely with the leadership team to establish the Secure SD-WAN hardware portfolio roadmap, strategy, collaboration with other business units and external companies, Sales processes, go to market, and so on.
Cisco Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will own the charge to continue the evolution!
- Ownership of key branches of the MX product portfolio when it comes to hardware platforms, strategy, and execution of future product offerings from Meraki
- Full ownership of product lifecycle including new product development, EOL, and sustainable support of existing products in the portfolio
- Market and customer analysis, requirements development, business case, collateral, product strategy, and product positioning
- Source of knowledge in your field of expertise, including trends and technologies
- The trusted advisor to your engineering team, teaching them how key use cases are driven by customers, where they struggle, what matters to them, and so on.
- 4+ yrs of demonstrated ability as a Product Manager in software, hardware, embedded, networking, cloud technologies, or products space with a proven track record of success.
- Entrepreneurship, "can do" attitude, ability, desire, and willingness to make an impact.
- Solid understanding of software/hardware development processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor or higher degree in a related technical field (Electrical, Electronics Engineering/Computer Science) or equivalent experience in Program Management, hardware, and/or software engineering
- MBA is a plus
- Proficient in Agile and Waterfall Project Management processes. Should be able to deal well with rapid changes, and feel comfortable navigating uncertain/ambiguous situations.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.