Chief of Staff, UX
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Cisco Meraki is the industry leader in simple, secure, intelligent networking and IoT platforms. We empower organizations everywhere – from local libraries to global hotels – to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works.
Cisco has been named #1 Best Company to Work For in the U.S. by Fortune in 2021!
As Chief of Staff, you’ll report to the head of UX and work shoulder-to-shoulder with senior leaders to create and drive programs that focus on communications, operations, efficiency, and team health.
About The Role
The Chief of Staff is a strategic advisor to the Head of UX, working alongside the UX Leadership Team, to help empower and support a dynamic team of over 100 (and growing) designers and researchers whose mission is to transform and simplify the experience for Cisco networking and IT products and professionals everywhere.
The ideal candidate is a master in cross-functional leadership, a practiced decision-maker, and a determined problem solver who is highly capable of navigating competing demands and priorities. They will streamline critical initiatives, oversee executive program management, and communicate objectives within the UX Team and between departments across the company.
Capable of operating at tactical, strategic and operational levels, they will regularly handle the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between departmental areas of responsibility. The role will require them to be outstandingly nimble in helping meet timely business needs or gaps in leadership and accountability.
- Drive the priorities of the UX Leadership Team through weekly meetings, tracking actions, and shaping off-sites. Find opportunities to increase leadership team effectiveness based on an understanding of product, ops, and strategic needs of the company.
- Support Head of UX’s participation in the org-wide strategy and planning processes (OKR planning, release planning, gate reviews) and represent Head of UX in meetings when needed.
- Manage the UX budget, working closely with finance partners to ensure that funds are allocated appropriately and used according to plan. This includes reviewing budget proposals, vetting budget requests for merit and authenticity and monitoring spending.
- Work hand-in-hand with colleagues on the Finance, People, and Operations teams to drive employee happiness, recruiting efficiency, headcount allocation, training, facilities, budget management, etc.
- Drive a communication plan that builds awareness of the team vision, key accomplishments, and UX impact throughout the organization.
- Work with cross-functional leadership to ensure UX alignment, ensure UX has a seat at the table, and are included in key initiatives, meetings, and mailers.
- Help evolve the UX organization design, headcount forecasting, and staffing plan against UX team strategies and product priorities.
- Help ensure our recruiting efforts and hiring process are streamlined, attract top talent, and build on our diverse, inclusive, people-first culture.
- Identify and take on ad-hoc strategic projects that will drive UX impact.
You’re an ideal candidate if you bring:
- At least 12 years of experience working in a software product environment (ideally SaaS) supporting design/UX functions.
- Experience in executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Excellent relationship building skills: you influence, persuade, and build trust across your organizations.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills: you see the bigger picture, seek root causes, synthesize details, and break down obstacles into manageable work.
- Exceptional written and verbal and communication skills, and a refined skill in tailoring messages to specific audiences in their preferred channels.
- High situational awareness.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a bias towards action and experimentation to drive progress.
- A growth mindset, boundless creativity and adaptability.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
Please include a link to your online portfolio. Only those applications that include portfolios will be considered.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.