Lead Product Designer, IoT
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Cisco Meraki is the industry leader in simple, secure, intelligent networking and IoT platforms. We empower organizations everywhere – from local libraries to global hotels – to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works. Our portfolio includes wireless, security, intelligent insights, and smart spaces.
Cisco has named #1 Best Company to Work For in the U.S. by Fortune in 2021!
What we're looking for
Lead Product Designers help envision and create outstanding experiences, while leading and mentoring other designers. You’ll envision experiences for configuring, monitoring, and capturing insights from smart spaces and intelligent IoT platforms. Collaborating closely with cross-functional partners, you’ll balance a strategic approach with lean design execution. You’ll get to understand the complex needs of target audiences, help to set the vision for products grounded in those needs, and partner with cross-functional teams to build iteratively.
Our team's primary focus is on software, but we also find opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization to improve the end-to-end customer journey. Meraki believes the quality of our products is dependent on the quality of our teams. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. On the Design Team, we give and get feedback early and often, share what we know, and learn from each other.
- Guide the design of large, complex projects or initiatives that span products.
- Partner with Product Managers and Engineers to find opportunities, explore solutions, and take concepts from ideation to execution.
- Translate what may start as ambiguous business needs into clear customer-focused solutions and frameworks.
- Ensure a holistic, strategic, detailed approach to design in your product area.
- Build effective working relationships and bring the wider team into the design process.
- Craft stories and prototypes that help others envision and rally around your designs.
- Provide constructive feedback and direction to other designers.
- Facilitate workshops, sketch and prototype solutions, and create high-fidelity designs.
- Advocate for design-centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 10+ years of professional experience designing and delivering products in cross-functional teams from start to finish.
- Experience designing experiences around IoT devices, cameras, or sensors.
- Love for making complex problems and workflows feel simple and approachable.
- Ability to balance working strategically with shipping often.
- Ability to persuasively tell the story of a project and its underlying design rationale.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
Please include a link to your online portfolio. Only those applications that include portfolios will be considered.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.