Senior Test Automation Developer, Network Switch (MS)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most significant to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IT and networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works!
About the team:
The MS Test Automation team is responsible for the quality of our Meraki network switch (MS) product line. It is constantly challenged with impactful problems focused around scaling, network solving, and stability and is the lynchpin of our business health. You will be fully embedded within the software development group and work multi-functionally with a number of other departments.
Please note that this position requires that you commute to either the San Francisco, CA, or San Jose, CA office 3+ days per week.
What you will do:
- Work with development teams to define testing standard processes and propose new frameworks for testing different aspects of the product (e.g., functional, performance, chaos, stability, load, and loss)
- Implements test cases and test plans for major projects, and coordinates within the group for on-time completion
- Design and develop test automation scripts for Meraki switch products
- Reports issues/findings to developers, product managers, or other teams along with gaps in testing resources, root cause analysis, and viable software solutions
- Designs and plans quality assurance across various environments with a detailed understanding of product expectations and business needs
- Collaborates with product management and product development to communicate design bugs and identify potential solutions; integrates CI/CD methodologies into all processes
You are ideal for this role if you have:
- Strong programming experience with coding/writing test scripts with one of the scripting languages: Ruby and/or Python.
- 6+ years of software automation testing experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Expertise in configuring and debugging networking equipment and protocols, especially switching
- Experience with end-to-end testing of physical embedded devices
- A bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
Bonus points for:
- Experience with hardware test tools such as Ixia.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.