Senior Test Automation Developer, Routing/Switch SDWAN
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most significant to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IT and networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works!
You will join the MX Test Automation team that is fully embedded within Software Engineering. The team builds and runs any and all software and hardware tests to ensure that new releases meet our quality and reliability standards. Our products are used in over a million networks and our customers rely on our products to serve tens of millions of people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority. We are looking for a senior test automation engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are. Your contributions will make a direct impact to the success of our business. Meraki engineers put customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are empowered to make impactful decisions. Through testing, you will gain firsthand knowledge about the quality of the changes and be able to guide the team in improving the quality before we release the product.
You are an ideal candidate if you have experience with:
- 7+ years of test automation experience testing various networking products
- Domain expert in either System and Performance Testing OR WiFi and Cellular Testing
- Outstanding programming skills with scripting languages like Ruby and/or Python
- Solid understanding of core networking & security technologies like VLAN, TCP/IP, NAT, VPN, BGP, IPSEC, Firewall and IPv6 as well as IDS, IPS and SDWAN
- Proficient with test tools such as Ixia, Spirent, or AmariSoft
- Well-versed with industry-standard benchmarking methodologies like RFC2544 or wifi/cellular certification process
- Experience with building, supporting, maintaining, and scaling automation in a CI/CD environment.
- Proven ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies and concepts.
- Passionate about automation testing with scalability, capability, and reliability in mind
- Detail oriented, Data driven, with strong analytical problem solving skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
Bonus points with the following experiences:
- Database queries and building dashboard via Grafana or Kibana to present the data.
- Containerization technologies such as Docker, Swarm, or Kubernetes.
- Cloud networking testing/automation.
- Cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure, and AliCloud.
- Gerrit, Jenkins, JIRA, and GitLab
- InfluxDB, Postgres or other RDBMS
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.