Software Test Automation Manager Core Product (Embedded/Firmware)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works!
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points below. That's a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe great teams come from diverse backgrounds!
What you will do:
As a Software Test Manager, you will drive all technical aspects of software test automation for our firmware, including requirements definition and refinement, design, estimation, implementation, as well as deployment. The Core Product team is responsible for crafting and implementing features that improve the reliability, simplicity, security, and performance of our products. Our projects are driven by technological innovation and developer creativity in addition to market demands, giving you the structure and freedom to pursue projects you are most passionate about. With millions of people using Meraki products around the world, your work will have a significant impact from the day it is deployed!
As a Software Test Manager you will:
- Mentor junior engineers and encourage the professional growth of everyone on the team.
- Partner with Product Management and Product Engineering teams.
- Be responsible for growing the team, retaining talent, and providing technical direction and career development opportunities.
- Collaborate with engineers across product teams to architect features that delight our customers.
- Foster a culture of quality, teamwork, and inclusiveness.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 7+ years of software QA or test engineering experience
- 1+ years of leadership experience on projects involving meaningful planning and coordination
- Experience with embedded or firmware test automation
- Experience with creating and implementing system-level test plans
- Experience automating or scripting tests or other systems in languages such as Python or Ruby
- The ability to work and collaborate across multiple product lines
Bonus points for:
- Expertise in networking
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Experience with hardware test tools such as Ixia
- Experience working with third party vendors and contractors
- Experience leading agile projects and using agile methodologies such as Scrum and/or Kanban
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.