Engineering Manager, Meraki Switch
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IT and networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works!
Meraki MS is an enterprise-grade line of network switches that are entirely managed from the cloud. Our mission is to bring Meraki simplicity to the network switching market, leaving our users delighted with ease of install and with our robust monitoring to solve problems and answer questions about their networks.
As a manager on the MS software group, you will have a key role in defining and implementing the future for our switch products. You will direct a team of engineers, providing them technical mentorship as well as planning the team’s roadmap. Your team’s mission is to scope and build new features, actively integrate into our release process, investigate customer issues that arise, and enable your peer software teams to build cross-product features that work on all switch models.
As a manager on the MS team, you will:
- Direct your team to design and build features for the MS product line.
- Collaborate with our product management team to identify new features and scope out their specific needs.
- Select and follow appropriate agile and other software development principles so your team consistently delivers high quality, working software.
- Write performance reviews and encourage the professional growth of everyone on your team.
- Identify gaps in your team’s knowledge or ability to execute, and work with our recruiters to build out your team.
- Be a part of the leadership of the larger MS team: weighing in on development priorities, projects going on across the team, etc.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- BS degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in system software development in the networking domain, especially switching.
- Interested in a leadership role because it allows you to work closely with others to help them achieve their best. Ideally you have at least a year of experience leading a team.
- Expertise with C/C++.
- Experience building rapidly growing systems that balance time to market, usability, reliability, and technical debt.
- Disciplined approach to development, testing, and quality.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That's a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.