Full Stack Engineer - United States - Remote
Location: California, San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Full-Stack Engineer, Remote within the U.S.
At Meraki, we’re making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Our full-stack teams build and maintain our cloud applications, which manage millions of networks, cameras, and sensors all over the world. Our customers use the Meraki web dashboard, mobile app, and programmable APIs to monitor, configure, and automate critical IT infrastructure that serves tens of millions of people every single day.
Our teams are small and fast-paced, striving always to make our products unique by balancing feature-rich abilities and simplicity. Our full-stack engineers are well-versed in a wide array of technologies and excited to jump around languages, platforms, and all levels of the Meraki stack! We have several full-stack engineering openings in various teams such as Wireless Dashboard, Meraki Network Service and others. While these positions are full-stack, some of them require an expertise in Ruby on Rails while others React programming skills.
What you will do:
- Build intuitive and powerful workflows to tackle important problems for IT professionals around the world, by collaborating with engineers, product managers and UX designers.
- Solve challenging scaling problems to meet a growing user base and ensure the best experience and uptime.
- Develop tools for customers to configure and monitor networking devices all over the world.
- Boldly move the networking and security industry forward along a path of simplification, performance, and flexibility.
- Help other specialists make architectural design decisions while evangelizing engineering best practices.
- Be a unifying force connecting people and motivating others to do their best.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience writing professional production code and tests.
- 2+ years of experience in web backend technologies, like Ruby on Rails or Go.
- Would thrive in a small engineering team
- Are passionate about what you do and ignite people around you.
Bonus points for:
- Experience or willingness to work on proof-of-concept spikes as well as in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Have working knowledge of network protocols used on both local and wide-area networks.
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That's a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from diverse backgrounds.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.