Map Developer (Python, AutoCAD, GIS)
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Remote in US
About this role :
This role is specific to working on Digital Maps with Cisco’s partner - Pointr. You will be employed by Cisco but may work close to Pointr (job location) and in accordance with their needs at least for the first year. Below you will find the job description from their point of view.
About Pointr :
Pointr is a global leader in indoor location technology. Their mission is to deliver reliable, scalable, and intuitive location experiences to connect people with and within buildings across omnichannel Web, Mobile, and Kiosk platforms. Their Deep Location platform has revolutionized the indoor positioning, smart building, and IoT markets. With several Fortune 100 clients across 27 countries and more than 1,000+ buildings already, they have promising plans for the years to come.
They have distinguished themselves in the marketplace by growing around three core values: Ownership, Harmony, and Scale. These values are at the heart of every role, as they collectively build the future of indoor location technology.
Reporting to the Mapping and Content Lead, you will be responsible for undertaking GIS and CAD data preparation, floor plan digitization, data management, analysis, mapping, and visualization on various projects.
You will assist in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet the time frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Undertaking indoor mapping, analysis, data capture, data management, and geo-processing.
- Preparation of AutoCAD and GIS drawings, including 2D maps and engineering drawings for digitization.
- Extraction and formatting of AutoCAD data into GIS formats.
- Working both with other members of the GIS team and on your own initiative to produce GIS deliverables to tight deadlines.
- Assisting with day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Contributing to the technical development of the GIS team through sharing ideas and innovations.
- Communicating client requirements to other staff.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- 5 + years of experience in the Python language and tools like AutoCAD and GIS for indoor mapping.
- Experience with Python and Python Libraries to analyze, adjust and manipulate spatial data.
- Understanding & keen curiosity about floor plans, maps, geography, and IT.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to identify innovative solutions to problems.
- Well-motivated and able to work on tight deadlines.
- Desire to learn and build a career within a smart-tech environment applying GIS to the environment, geoscience, and infrastructure projects.
- Basic understanding of digital cartography and geomatics.
- Working knowledge of some of the following packages: Microsoft Excel, QGIS, AutoCAD
- Ability to optimize, transform, and convert CAD floor plans and/or GIS files programmatically
- A Level in geography or a related subject.
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great leaders come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
Meraki is headquartered in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. There are also locations in San Jose, Chicago, and Austin. All locations offer a generous benefits package.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S. and/or Canada:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.