Senior Marketing Manager, ConsenSys Research
Location: Remote, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
US-Based - Remote
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
There are perks to building the digital economy of tomorrow:
- Remote first: You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.
- Equity: We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
- Flexible working arrangements: With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
- Competitive benefits: We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
- Continuous learning and opportunities: We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy, our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
- Unlimited vacation/holidays: We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
- Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem: Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About ConsenSys Research
From its earliest days, ConsenSys has not only developed commercial software for the Ethereum ecosystem, but also contributed technical leadership and resources to advancing the core protocol itself. Today, researchers and protocol engineers on four continents build and maintain many of the ecosystem’s most important public goods and participate in Ethereum’s decentralized R&D.
The Protocols and R+D teams at ConsenSys build and maintain many open source projects including Hyperledger Besu, Teku, the Ethereum 2.0 beacon chain client, the powerful Web3Signer. Our researchers are also driving elements of the Ethereum 2.0 roadmap and partner with core devs and the Ethereum Foundation to advance research around ZK-Snarks, sharding, bridges, rollups and more. The team's deep experience building and researching Ethereum protocols is a core differentiator for ConsenSys and presents team members an opportunity to make a stamp on the Ethereum ecosystem from day one.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and land a new ConsenSys Research value proposition that highlights ConsenSys’ unique technical leadership in the space.
- Partner with Protocols Engineering and R+D to understand product and research roadmaps, drive disclosures and build our Research identity.
- Develop differentiated messaging and positioning for our Protocols products and Research based on a deep understanding of developer goals and challenges, and bring it to life in launches, content, campaigns, events, enablement, and more
- Work with Infura and MetaMask teams to build connections between our research and the products they deliver to end users and developers.
- Build out multi-channel thought leadership materials, including videos, whitepapers, presentations, web content, and more
- Ideate, pitch, and execute unique, engaging digital content that breaks through the social clutter, creating storytelling themes to address ecosystem trends and developer needs. Identify and convey compelling stories to be told that aligns with brand strategy.
- Collaborate with our developer evangelists to educate developers on our product capability and value via online and in-person events
- Collaborate with our community managers to build our presence across technical forums like Stackoverflow, Discord and Reddit.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- Technical aptitude, curiosity, and a keen understanding of the Ethereum developer ecosystem and its core technical audiences. Strong candidate will have hands on experience working mainnet Ethereum clients
- A familiarity with ETH events and experience engaging developers through event programming and orchestrated side events, hackathons and other activations.
- Strong experience as a technical product marketing manager with a deep understanding of the motivations of technical audiences
- A proven track record of your ability to understand technical personas and build adoption and engagement of new and existing product lines
- Experience crafting compelling positioning, messaging and thought leadership content
- Ability to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Proven track record of performing well in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding organizational skills to define and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively within a fast-paced environment
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.