Senior Product Marketing Manager (Protocol & Eth Ecosystem)
Location: Remote, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
Remote, US, Protocol Team, Full Time
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About Consensys Protocols
The Protocols and R+D teams at ConsenSysbuild and maintain many of the ecosystem’s most important public goods and participate in Ethereum’s decentralized R&D.
From its earliest days, ConsenSys has not only developed commercial software for the Ethereum ecosystem, but also contributed technical leadership and resources to advancing the core protocol itself. Today, protocol engineers on four continents manage a suite of open source products including Hyperledger Besu, ConsenSys Teku, the Ethereum 2.0 consensus layer client and the powerful Web3Signer.
Our researchers are also driving core elements of the Ethereum 2.0 roadmap and partner with Core Devs and the Ethereum Foundation to advance research around ZK-Snarks, sharding, bridges, rollups and more. The team's deep experience building and researching Ethereum protocols is a core differentiator for ConsenSys and presents team members an opportunity to make a stamp on the Ethereum ecosystem from day one.
What you’ll do
- Develop and land a differentiated value proposition for our Ethereum clients, Hyperledger Besu and ConsenSys Teku with a focus on enterprise staking
- Build a community-driven growth roadmap to help address Ethereum client diversity
- Work with some of Ethereum’s brightest minds and to create thought leadership materials on advancements in cryptography, scaling, bridging, protocol design and client development. This might include, including videos, whitepapers, web content or event presentations.
- Partner with Protocols Engineering and R+D to understand product and research roadmaps, drive disclosures and build community awareness
- Connect the value of our Protocols work to the ConsenSys products they power including Infura, MetaMask and Codefi Staking.
- Collaborate with our developer evangelists to share our latest innovations with the Ethereum community and identify ecosystem partnerships.
- Collaborate with our community managers to represent ConsenSys at in-person and online Ethereum events and build our presence across technical forums like Stackoverflow, Discord and Reddit.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- Have experience working in and have a passion for the Ethereum ecosystem and curiosity about the infrastructure that powers it and the people who build it
- A keen understanding of the Ethereum developer ecosystem and its core technical audiences.
- Strong candidate will have hands on experience working mainnet Ethereum clients
- A familiarity with ETH events and experience engaging developers through event programming and orchestrated side events, hackathons and other activations.
- Experience working as a Technical Product Marketing Manager, organically building communities and have an understanding of the motivations of technical audiences
- A proven track record building adoption and community engagement for open source products.
- Experience crafting compelling positioning, messaging and thought leadership content for technical audiences.
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/.