Director, Compensation & Benefits
Location: Remote, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
Director, Compensation & Benefits
Remote, People & Talent Team, Full Time
At ConsenSys we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
Why join ConsenSys?
Remote first. You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents. We encourage our people to travel and connect in person either through retreats, conferences, or just for fun!
Flexible working arrangements. You can create the work week that works for you with flexible hours and locations. We believe everyone has the right to individual sovereignty. We empower and support you to make your own schedule and own your own time.
Continuous learning and opportunities. As a destination employer, ConsenSys is committed to your growth and development. We provide continuous on the job learning and opportunities, as well as offering the comprehensive ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera training courses, bespoke training programmes, technical learning sessions and our world class blockchain and Ethereum Academy.
Unlimited vacation/holidays. We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. Company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. Work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
About People & Talent
People and Talent support the entire ConsenSys community. We strive to be the destination employer of choice for our ecosystem. That goal is embedded in all the work we do to attract, retain and support our amazing talent. By joining our team you’ll be working with a diverse group of incredible individuals who put ‘people first’ and are designing and building the workplace of the future.
What You'll do:
Reporting to the Global Head, People Operations & Total Rewards, the Sr. Manager of Compensation & Benefits will serve as a trusted organizational leader responsible for the design of ConsenSys’ compensation philosophy and the strategic management of inclusive employee-related benefits and services that are able to effectively support a diverse, rapidly-growing employee base.
The ideal candidate will be hands-on with a deep understanding of scaling compensation and benefits programs and practices, with a track record of conceptualizing successful strategies, leading action plans, and driving the execution of organizational goals. This position requires an ability to think strategically about problems as well as a knack for tactical execution.
- Subject matter expert in all areas of compensation philosophy, strategy, design & pay practices across; Base Salary, Short-Term/Bonus Incentive programs, Equity/Long-Term Incentive compensation programs and Global Recognition programs
- Subject matter expert on Job Evaluation, Pay Structures, Career Framework & Global Grading and Pay Progression & Competitive Pay Positioning (both intern & external)
- Subject matter expert on legislation and regulations to ensure that our pay practices and policies are in compliance with global, federal, state & local requirements
- Supervise the Annual Merit, Market Adjustment & Promotion cycle run by the Compensation Team in coordination with People Strategists & Business Unit Leaders
- Supervise the ongoing transition of our Global Compensation Module to Compaas HCM with the cross-functional work team
- Engage with Talent Management to ensure our Compensation Programs, Process & Tools are fully aligned with our evolving Performance Management Strategy
- Engage with Finance to develop, review and monitor our performance metrics under our Annual Incentive Plans (Bonus & LTI) that drive results aligned with achieving our Quarterly, Annual and Long-Term strategic business and organizational goals
- Monitor peer group compensation Market Data & Trends to ensure we maintain our pay position/competitiveness leveraging our benchmarking tools (Market Pay)
- Hire, develop and support Compensation Analysts (to be added as we grow) focused on providing People Strategists & Business Leaders with proactive direction and guidance on various pay practices to support our Annual Merit & Promotion cycle
- Coordinate with the People Strategists and broader People team to provide guidance, education and consultation on the various compensation programs, processes & tools
- Provide consulting support for any M&A and divestiture activities
- Participate on special project teams to support constantly evolving People initiatives
- 5+ years' relevant experience in compensation, equity programs, and benefits planning.
- Experience with effectively scaling a rewards function to support the company's business goals and growth, with a strong awareness of best practices.
- Expertise in the development of strategy and administration of compensation and benefits (including Executive compensation)
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of business on a global scale. Demonstrated ability in managing internal compliance programs and policies.
- Exceptional communication instincts & practices that keep stakeholders informed and included in a way that builds trust.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in performing complex reporting and analysis. Strong analytical, mathematical, statistical, and conceptual skills; Excel expertise is required.
- Excellent business and People Operations acumen, comfortable navigating ambiguity and thrives in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to think strategically and to translate strategic directives into tactical initiatives
Nice to Have OR Bonus Points
- Experience working in a start-up culture
- A willingness to help out where needed - regardless of the scope of your role
- An understanding of the Blockchain and Ethereum ecosystem, with an interest and curiosity to learn more
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.