Director of Developer Marketing
Location: Katy, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Creatives at ConsenSys make work that moves the crypto industry forward, spreading our leading-edge products far and wide into the world and pushing for the adoption of Web3 technology. We’re an ambitious team, using our unique point of view to create work that infiltrates crypto culture, influences mindsets, and prizes ourselves on being defiantly optimistic.
What you’ll do
- Define and execute the Developer Marketing strategy
- Lead and grow the Developer Marketing Team. Provide coaching and career pathing for your team, and lead from a position of personal expertise.
- Design and drive accountability for Developer Marketing reporting
- Align with multiple teams to ensure consistent messaging and branding across the organization
- Coordinate support for developer events, developer community, developer relations teams with marketing strategies and campaigns
- Be a key part of an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally
- Manage agency and contractor relationships
- An experienced marketing professional who has the ability to create global marketing strategies.
- A seasoned marketer who enjoys keeping your finger on the pulse of a growing ecosystem, community and empowering others to use new technologies
- A great communicator and able to share information effectively across multiple mediums
- Results-driven with deep sense of accountability and the ability to drive projects from start to finish
- Focused on being a creative, flexible, and positive force when tackling multiple priorities
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- 5-plus years experience in marketing roles including Developer Marketing, Technical Product Marketing, Creative Director, Principle Marketing Manager or similar.
- Deep understanding of the developer audience and experience creating developer campaigns and messaging to that audience
- Exceptional communication skills; highly responsive and interactive with ability to rapidly process auditory and written information that can be technical in nature
- Creative, approachable, energetic, “can-do” attitude with ability to change direction in a dynamic environment
- Extreme attention to detail; ability to prioritize workload and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Passion to have an impact
- Ability to pivot quickly and adapt to competing and ever-evolving priorities
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $134,000-230,000.