Technical Product Marketing Manager, Decentralized Networks
Location: Remote, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Infura is the leading infrastructure platform providing scalable and easy-to-use APIs and cloud solutions for blockchain and decentralized application developers. Infura currently offers APIs for Ethereum, IPFS, and other leading decentralized networks, allowing developers to immediately begin building instead of spending time on architecting and maintaining their own infrastructure.
Infura provides developers instant access to decentralized and blockchain networks without the need to sync or understand complicated peer to peer infrastructure. Similar to how one might access a cloud service to alleviate the friction of owning proprietary compute and storage, Infura lowers the barrier to entry for engineers to begin building.
We believe in a more equitable and decentralized future, and we know developers will be at the forefront of that progress. We want to empower developers to spend their time building, creating, and evolving by providing them with the best and easiest solution to their infrastructure needs.
Some things to know about the Infura team: we are a remote first company, with team members all over the world. We strive to reduce meetings, respect work life balance, promote diversity, and generally be good people. We depend on each other not only to make an amazing product but to be a group that wants to succeed together.
About the Role
Developers are the backbone to innovation and make the Web3 ecosystem tick. We are growing rapidly and seeking a Product Marketing Manager who loves to blend deep technical knowledge with storytelling for a developer audience. Working closely with our Product team, you will focus on increasing adoption and help advance our mission of decentralization, bringing more developers and innovation into the Web3 ecosystem. You will be responsible for our decentralized network products, including IPFS and a new decentralized infrastructure network.
The ideal candidate has experience working on product-led growth opportunities ideally at the intersection of infrastructure technology, developer tooling, and blockchain technology. You must have a passion for the crypto space, market analysis and positioning, and running go-to-market strategy and campaigns for technical audiences such as engineers and product managers.
What you’ll do
- Build a deep understanding of our technical personas in order to effectively onboard, excite, and show value to them within the realm of decentralized networks
- Conduct competitive analysis to influence product roadmap decisions and vision for IPFS and the new decentralized infrastructure network
- Develop differentiated messaging and positioning based on a deep understanding of our target personas’ top goal and challenges, and bring it to life in launches, content, campaigns, events, enablement, and more
- Create technical product marketing materials, including videos, whitepapers, presentations, web content, and more
- Increase adoption of new and existing products and features by collecting quantitative and qualitative data on usage and adoption patterns
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to understand product roadmap and upcoming releases to drive and implement release marketing efforts across users, partners and internal teams
- Partner closely with other Product Marketers to develop and lead internal content including sales enablement training, FAQs, and cheat sheets
- Collaborate with our developer evangelists to educate developers and infrastructure providers on our product capabilities and value via online and in-person events
- Collaborate with our community managers to build our presence across technical forums like Stackoverflow, Discord, Reddit, and Hackernews
- Contribute to marketing strategy and messaging, and help maintain technical accuracy of marketing messages
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- Strong experience as a technical product marketing manager with a deep understanding of the motivations of technical audiences
- A proven track record of your ability to understand technical personas and build adoption and engagement of new and existing product lines
- Technical aptitude, curiosity, and a keen understanding of the Web3 blockchain software ecosystem and its technical audiences
- Experience crafting compelling positioning, messaging and thought leadership content
- Hands-on capability to build a range of marketing assets, including succinct slide pitch-decks, eBooks, demo videos, and event/webinar content.
- Ability to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Proven track record of performing well in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding organizational skills to define and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively within a fast-paced environment.
- Be innovative with your marketing approach in reaching out to our audiences as well as in engaging them frequently
- Bonus: we love crypto natives and degens.
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $118,000-190,000.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).