Threat Intelligence Analyst
Location: Remote, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralised web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 30 million monthly active users as a decentralised application development platform, and aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
About the Team
Our user base is rapidly growing, and each of our users place an immense amount of trust in MetaMask as a tool that manages and wields their digital authority, controlling
assets, identities, and more. IT is of highest importance to us that we keep our users as safe and secure as possible. Our Security Team ensures that we deliver on this commitment.
About the Role
We are looking for a Threat Intelligence Analyst to expand the security efforts of MetaMask and ConsenSys within the Web3 space. This role will offer experience in an ever-evolving web3 industry, with ever-evolving threats.
You will be responsible for managing data feeds; collecting, processing, analysis, and dissemination to identify adversaries and their tactics, techniques, and procedures. Creating proposals to relevant stakeholders to improve strategic security-related decision making, and informing the team on threat trends against our organisation and users.
What you’ll do:
- Work as part of a team to deliver intelligence, investigation and reporting capabilities to understand and manage threats to our organisation and our users.
- Document existing and emerging threats for the SOC to assist in detection and rules.
- Discover and curate data feeds that will give the best intelligence data for SIEM monitoring.
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone who has a pulse on the criminal activities that target cryptocurrency users.
- Someone who has experience with threat hunting.
- Someone who can work with multiple teams across multiple time zones and efficiently collaborate.
- Someone who has strong organisational and presentation skills.
- Someone who has excellent analytical abilities and strong ability to think creatively when approaching issues.
- Active Web3 user, especially a MetaMask one!
- Published their own analysis on blockchain-related threats.
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD120,000 - $USD246,000.