Senior Product Designer (MetaMask Portfolio)
Location: Remote, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 30 million monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
What you’ll do
- Partner with User Researchers and Product Managers to deep dive into user workflows and use cases to better understand how we can solve their problems
- Produce user journey maps, user flows, UI designs and high-fidelity clickable prototypes to define solutions that have a high impact on the user-experience
- Help maintain consistency in the user experience across MetaMask products
- Contribute to and help maintain the MetaMask design system
- Actively look for opportunities that can increase the usability and usefulness of MetaMask products
- Partner with Developers to review and refine details as development takes place
- Keep a pulse on competitor products and how they’re using design to improve their users’ experiences
- Be the go-to resource for Developers and Product Managers when they have questions or concerns about usability, information architecture or interaction design
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- 3+ years of experience working as a Product Designer
- Proficiency in the techniques and methods of modern product design
- An understanding of user research methodology and how it fits into the design process
- Experience leading complex design projects
- Comfortable working on large and complex design projects with multiple iterations that build towards a larger vision
- Attention to details and a passion for craftsmanship
- Proficiency in Figma
- Experience contributing to and work within a design system
- An understanding of customer experience and the relationship between brand and product design
- Ability to present and articulate design decisions
- Experience working as part of a design team / giving and receiving feedback
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).