Principal Learning Consultant, Compliance
Location: Springfield, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with business leaders, Risk and Compliance subject-matter experts, Legal and instructional designers to ensure successful execution of enterprise-wide Compliance training strategy.
- Translate complex learning needs into a set of effective learning solutions to be implemented by factoring in regulatory requirements, learning goals, content objectives, target audience, and supplemental resources.
- Maintain an understanding of regulations affecting our industries (banking, payments, consumer lending) and ensure Compliance learning programs support and develop Discover’s compliance culture. Leverage learning expertise and a strong grasp of compliance to develop learning strategies that will effectively meet business and regulatory needs while resulting in a high-quality learner experience.
How You’ll Do It
- Build and maintain relationships with business leaders, Risk and Compliance subject-matter experts, and Legal to understand regulatory requirements and business goals to proactively develop a long-term view of Compliance learning needs.
- Collaborate to assess training needs and then recommend the appropriate training strategy using alternative and blended learning methodologies and tools.
- Partner with leadership on strategic planning as well as training operations to ensure effective program development, documentation, deployment, reporting and evaluation.
- Proactively use technology, industry best practices, external networking, and alternative learning methods to continue to enhance and evolve Compliance education and awareness initiatives.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, Compliance or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Financial Service Operations and/or Training & Development, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master’s Degree in Education, Business. Compliance/Risk or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Training and Development
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.