Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Independently oversees the design process for an application and innovates unique solution patterns for that application. Partners with application engineers to ensure the application ecosystem is engineered according to architecture vision and continuously evolves the architecture and application to meet changing customer and business needs. Strong project and team leadership experience with a track record of inspiring team to deliver world-class solution
- Creates, publishes, and continuously refines our Design Thinking Process and associated workshops. Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability). Collaborate with our Distinguished Design Engineer to help standardize on common UX/UI guidelines and reusable components. Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes where appropriate.
- Familiarity with Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, or other design and management tools
- Early learner of one or more frameworks.
- Creates and manages research campaigns using a variety of tools. Analyzes results and develops clear and concise business reports aligned with the research charter
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors – Computer Science or related
- 4+ Years – Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.