Lead Infrastructure Project Manager
Location: Springfield, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork, and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Infrastructure Project Manager is accountable for leading the management of key, complex cross-domain, infrastructure projects. Responsible for influencing the execution of these from original concept through final implementation. These projects, executed through Agile, Kanban, and Waterfall project methodologies, as necessary, require a working knowledge of various infrastructure technologies.
- Applies project management methodologies, tools, and competencies to guide projects direction, implementation and development of work plans, schedules, budget, estimates and resource planning.
- Coordinates meetings with leadership, management, vendors, and key stakeholders across the organization to define requirements.
- Collaborates with cross functional resources to review milestones, drives progress towards deliverables, and assesses project constraints to mitigate risks and resolve issues proactively. Leads analytical project execution to meet specific business requirements and timelines. Collaborates with cross-functional departments to achieve project objectives.
- Works closely with project management leads to support the strategic direction of the department. Develops and reviews all project plans for timely project delivery, and performs project risk analysis, tracking, and mitigation.
- Ensures completing project deliverables according to agreed timelines and quality standards in order to improve corporate security posture.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors – Information Technology, Project Management or related
- 4 Years’ experience – Project Management, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years’ experience in project management, infrastructure technology solutions, or related
Bonus Points If You Have:
- 6+ Years’ experience – Project Management, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related experience
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with Jira and Microsoft Excel
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.