Application Engineer ( ServiceNow Developer )
Location: Springfield, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Our ServiceNow Application Engineers are part of our ServiceNow Chapter where they learn to develop and grow their skills and talents with other ServiceNow Engineers. Each engineer is assigned to one of our for core product teams: Platform, Automation, SACM/CMDB, CMS, HR, and ITSM/Cyber.
- Analyze, design, program, test, and deploy new user stories and features with high quality (security, reliability, operations) to production
- Tends to Associate Application Engineers by providing learning tasks as well as work related tasks, directs the work of Senior Associate Application Engineers, and helps them continue to grow
- Achieves team commitments (and influence others to do the same) by using informal leadership & highly developed communication skills
- Has an oversight on design decisions and guides team to achieve key results for products assigned to them
- Remediates issues using engineering principles and creates proactive design solutions for potential failures
- Contributes to and leads technology communities at Discover
- Utilizing Discover’s Agile Way of Working, develop and configure solutions within ServiceNow in partnership with your Product Owner
- Participate in Agile ceremonies related to their product team to ensure the work is getting completed the right way
- Partners with the Product Owner to define a strategic product roadmap for their technology/business domain
- Propose opportunities to solve business problems and for process efficiencies using your knowledge of the ServiceNow Platform
- Actively participate in ServiceNow Engineering Chapter activities and increase the maturity of our Engineering practices
- Actively engage in our Continuous Professional Education and Discover Technology Academy programs to drive skill and career development spending on average 10% of time on learning, discovery, and innovation
- Participate in rotating support schedule for Incident Management and general customer service requests
- Experience developing in ServiceNow modules: Configuration Management Database (CMDB), Discovery, Software Asset Configuration Management (SACM), Service Mapping, and Integration Hub
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors – Computer Science or related
- 3+ Years – Information Technology, (Software) Engineering, or related
- Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of competent on the Dreyfus engineering scale
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience implementing two or more of the following ServiceNow capabilities: Platform Management in a federated environment. Performance Analytics, Vulnerability Management, Configuration Compliance, Threat Intelligence, Service Catalog, Workflow, Integration Hub, Configuration Management, Software Asset Management, Service Mapping, HR Service Delivery, Integrated Risk Management/Governance, Risk, & Control.
- Demonstrable experience in setup of ServiceNow integration with SOAP, REST, LDAP, SSO, email, or PowerShell.
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator; Certified Application Developer; Certified Implementer; or other ServiceNow Certifications
- Knowledge of React, Redux, and Java application frameworks
- Experience building secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
External applicants will be required to perform a technical interview.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.