Director Business Compliance
Location: Riverwoods, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Responsible for overseeing team of compliance advisors that provide compliance guidance and related services to the business. Works with the business to operationalize legal and regulatory requirements, review of business unit procedures and training for compliance matters, and providing advice and effective challenge related to regulatory and business process changes.
- Leads a team of compliance advisors that provide compliance guidance and related services to the business to ensure compliance coverage across all consumer facing regulations applicable to DFS.
- Identifies compliance risks resulting from new or revised laws and regulations, ensures action plans are developed to manage the risks, including effective training, procedures, and other controls
- Reviews and advises on new or revised business strategies, initiatives, and projects to ensure risks are effectively mitigated.
- Provides oversight of risks identified by risk assessment team to ensure adequate controls are in place to mitigate existing risks in the business.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors- Business/Finance
- 8+years Consumer compliance, risk management, legal, including people management, or related
- In Lieu of education experience- 12+ years Consumer compliance, risk management, legal, including people management, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Masters- Law/Business
- 10+years Consumer compliance, risk management, legal, including people management, or related
- 2+years managing managers
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- Certified professional (Internal Audit, public accountant, law degree, Risk Management, etc.) to evidence command / expertise of subject matter in chosen field relevant to financial services
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.