Senior Principal Agile Program Manager
Location: Riverwoods, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As a Senior Principal Agile Program Manager, you will leverage your deep understanding of agile principles and modern software product development process to shape how we work, learn, and innovate. You leverage your Agile management skillset to continuously evolve product development process to reduce waste and improve efficiency. You will also help build strong communities and shape our culture of continuous learning and continuous improvement.
In addition to the above, you will program manage complex, enterprise technology initiatives, track progress and metrics, create status reports and provide updates to senior management.
- Optimizes the flow of work across multiple Value Streams to reduce toil.
- Motivates and enables others to take accountability to streamline product delivery process, efficiently manage large and complex products launches across multiple business lines
- Leverages data and metrics to derive insights and continuously identify improvement opportunities. Drives these improvement opportunities to fruition
- Be the champion of Agile Software Product development processes across multiple value streams; mentors and coaches other Agile Program Managers
- Leads the charge on building community, foster inter-team collaboration and the culture of continuous learning and continuous improvement across multiple value streams
- Contributes to the greater Discover community on improving our way of working and help building long-lasting culture changes
- Collaborate with Discover Technology Academy to create, contribute and teach through immersive learning experiences that support delivery of products, services, solutions and capabilities. Play a key role in federating Discover Tech Academy Dojo Factory capabilities
- Provide program management for an enterprise architecture modernization initiative where you will manage and track work across many software engineering teams
- Create and present status updates for senior leadership
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors – Information Technology or related
- 8+ Years – Agile or related experience
- Understanding of software technology components and APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
#LI-SY1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.