Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Are you looking to join one of the leading online travel companies in the world? Expedia Group believes travel is a force for good. When we power more travel, we unleash more opportunities to strengthen connections, broaden horizons and bridge divides. Come join our mission to power global travel for everyone, everywhere.
Collectively, our brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia Group serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia Group delivers consumer travel demand globally to thousands of hotels and vacation rentals, hundreds of airlines, thousands of activities, and dozens of car rental companies and cruise lines.
We are looking for a highly motivated Finance Manager to join the Expedia Group Finance Team. In this role you will provide financial management support and partner with leaders throughout EG. You will be a catalyst in influencing the strategic decisions across the business. We will nurture your collaborative approach and will welcome your way of thinking. We value working with globally diverse teams to break down obstacles, be innovative and ensure the financial success of the business and happiness of our travelers!
What you will do:
- Partner across EG to develop a deep understanding of business levers and find opportunities to drive value into the organization
- Distill complex financial data into impactful insights; build financial models, analyze latest trends and initiatives, and perform ad-hoc modeling as required
- Develop financial business cases to support investment decisions
- Drive process improvement through effective business partnering across the organization
- In-depth analysis and benchmarking of our portfolio of brands, the products we sell, and the marketing channels customers engage in as well as the external competitive landscape
- Responsible for forecast/outlook for a specific Brand(s) or EG-wide, including identifying and analyzing risks and opportunities
- Evaluate financial performance for Outlook/Forecasts as well as actual results providing actionable insights
- Lead a variety of projects to simplify and automate current processes
Who you are:
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience
- Elevated level of intellectual curiosity that drives sense of ownership and desire for continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management
- Advanced analytic, modeling, forecasting, and presentation skills
- Results driven and highly motivated, with the ability to think big and small
- Able to lead and influence decisions across various internal functions
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Oracle and Hyperion
- BA required; MBA preferred
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.