Technical Operations Analyst II
Location: Austin, Texas, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Technical Operations Analyst II
What you'll do:
- Identify and maintain relationships with Technology Product Managers, Product Owners, Business COEs and Production Operations team to support Month-End Activities, Process Improvement and automation, Mass loads, Pre & Post Launch Activities, and Reporting.
- Serve as product champion from an operations standpoint for TPMs, Product Owners, and Business COEs, helping them with ideas to optimize HR Operations and Process improvements.
- Identify areas to improve performance and optimize operations through process improvement or automation, including partnering with the Product and Technology team.
- Recommend interim and long-term solutions to complex problems to ensure successful resolution; guides the analysis of a problem to a successful resolution.
- Communicate and address requests related to Mass Loads, Reports, Simple configurations, and production issues.
- Influence & act on feedback from a broad range of internal partners through clear communication of product vision, roadmap & progress.
- Create and Maintain Jira User stories and Service Now tickets. Attend Agile Ceremonies, participate in backlog prioritization and story points, Sprint Planning, and report clearly on the current work status.
- Troubleshoot Production Issues & Employee concerns that are technical (TIER 2&3 cases), identify the root cause & partner with the necessary team to resolve them.
- Develop and Maintain documentation of Key processes for use by all levels of support personnel.
- Identify & Execute HR End to End, Edge, Negative, and Regression test cases.
- Perform Defect Management, Identifying, researching, testing, and escalating bugs to the appropriate team for resolution.
- Creates clear, concise, and organized communication materials (e.g., policies & procedures, guidelines, presentations, messages).
- Confirm the comprehension and understanding of complex information (e.g., legal, operational risk, and regulatory data) by correctly and answering routine questions.
- Consider and understand the audiences' needs and comprehension level to determine the most appropriate message and delivery method, limiting or explaining technical language.
- Coordinates bringing together different stakeholders with varied perspectives to develop solutions to issues and contribute own suggestions.
- Think holistically to identify opportunities around policies/ processes to increase efficiency across organizational boundaries.
- Assist with a whole systems approach to analyze issues by ensuring all components (structure, people, process, and technology) are identified and accounted for.
- Researches and analyzes complex technical data using statistical methods.
- Identify the process improvement opportunity and actively seek guidance from their manager on how to achieve this. Sees where efficiency and process improvement are needed within their immediate team.
- Demonstrate openness and flexibility in adapting their work to new processes to streamline and be more efficient.
- Assist with the development of business area standards and procedures.
- Collaborate with the team members to co-develop and solve problems.
- Proactively reach out to meet peers across the environment and collaborates to solve problems.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related professional experience. Technical degree preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in HR Cloud technology like Workday.
- Demonstrates production and/or data analysis work experience.
- Supporting day-to-day operations in technical environments.
- Knowledge of Workday HR processes in the Compensation Module.
- Knowledge of end-to-end configuration, testing, and deployment for one or more recurring programs (Annual Compensation Review, Mid-Year Compensation Cycle)
- Knowledge of Workday Advanced Compensation, Packages, Plans & Eligibility Rules.
- Knowledge of starting and closing Compensation cycles (Mid-year and year-end).
- Create and Execute EIBs for mass-data upload to production (Comp changes, OTPs, etc.).
- Create and Execute Workday Compensation Audit & Reports.
- Ability to identify impacts on compensation due to various scenarios such as transfers (Change Job, Promotion, lateral move, etc.).
- Design, Develop and maintain simple configurations for Business Processes, Reports & Workday Global set-ups.
- Ability to identify and execute End to End, Edge, Negative & Regression Test cases.
- Good understanding of Agile Methodology and experience in tools like Jira & Service Now.
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and SOX Compliance.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.