ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) Disclosure Program Manager
Location: New York, New York, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
ESG (Environmental, Social, & Governance) Disclosure Program Manager
At Expedia Group, we believe travel is a force for good. When we power more travel, we unleash more opportunities to strengthen connections, broaden horizons and bridge divides. With our mission to power global travel for everyone, everywhere, our social impact and sustainability team is focused on how we can use our technology, expertise, business relationships, and data to build a more inclusive and sustainable travel industry.
Our Social Impact and Sustainability team is seeking a Program Manager to lead ESG disclosure and data, including our ESG reporting and overseeing our responses to select ESG rankings and ratings. The position reports to the Vice President, Social Impact and Sustainability and is a key member of the team.
This role will work with internal business partners, including investor relations, legal, communications, inclusion & diversity, and others across the company to advise on ESG reporting risks and opportunities, enhance and streamline ESG data collection and disclosures, and develop insights and recommendations that inform our strategies and governance.
What you'll do:
- Leading, from concept to implementation, the development of the annual Global Impact report with internal partners including agency management, content and data collection, editing, reviews and approvals
- Responding to ESG rankings and ratings surveys/inquiries, conducting gap assessments, and implementation of action plans to address disclosure priorities as identified
- Supporting select priority additional ESG reporting needs including SEC and related climate scenario analysis activities
- Assisting with evaluation and potential implementation of ESG disclosure software to manage its centralized repository of key disclosures
- Benchmarking our strategies, results, and performance with competition and industry best practices
- Leading engagements with external consultants and other partners to support key relevant workstreams
- Maintaining an internal system for disclosure management and prioritization including a repository of key qualitative and quantitative ESG metrics
- Engage all relevant departments to identify accountabilities and repeatable processes that assure expansion upon important data needs
- Positioning Expedia Group for the evolving regulations, standards, and frameworks for ESG/sustainability reporting and transparency
Who you are:
- Experience with relevant Sustainability reporting and ESG standards, reporting frameworks, and rating and ranking organizations including GRI, SASB, TCFD, SDGs, MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS, etc.
- 4+ years experience with sustainability/ESG reporting and related frameworks (e.g., CDP, GRI, TCFD, SASB)
- Experience with ESG ratings (e.g., ISS, MSCI, Sustainalytics) and rankings
- Understanding of trends in sustainability/ESG disclosure expectations and how to plan for evolving expectations, can perform assessments of current performance, and develop recommendations for action
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral, from speaking to diverse collaborators to writing external reports
- Affinity for detail and capable of balancing various priorities while running multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to drive projects from idea through to implementation, including identifying and implementing process improvements
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.