Senior Business Development Manager - Media Solutions
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Senior Business Development Manager – Enterprise
We at Expedia Group Media Solutions, offer marketers access to the world’s travel advertising platform, powered by the most robust first-party data in the industry. Our team of digital marketing professionals equips advertising partners with everything they need to connect, engage, convert travelers worldwide and exceed advertisers’ critical metrics.
What you’ll do:
Consultative Sales Strategy:
Drive and execute strategy for advertising partners, to grow Media Solutions business. Responsible for identifying key opportunities in the travel and also non travel sectors and selling the benefits of partnering with Expedia as an advertising partner of choice. This includes representing the advertising strategy of the partner to develop campaigns that meet and exceed their needs.
- Create, define, and implement business strategies to optimize each partner relationship on a local, regional, or global basis, including conducting day-to-day interactions, regular face-to-face commercial updates, identifying and managing marketing and promotional opportunities, and ensuring fulfillment of all contractual obligations.
Sales Negotiation: Own and lead the advertising sales process end-to-end from identification of new prospects, to developing an understanding of partner needs and mapping those needs with planning and strategic selling. Including a portfolio of domestic and international platforms. Provide customers with a consultative sales experience and build /enhance long-term strategic relationships with existing partnerships through up-selling, cross-selling, etc.
The ability to navigate senior-level management and understand the political pressures of an organization to get to a positive decision is key to success.
Partner Campaign Launch/ Internal Collaboration:
- Lead aspects of the launch & ongoing, day-to-day performance of advertising partnerships and influence across other functions (including internal supply teams, marketing, operations, billing, product & media planners) to ensure campaign delivery and resolve issues as they arise.
- Drives accountability for results throughout the organization. Define and deliver continuous improvement in revenue contribution to Media Solutions through insightful measurement and Return on Investment analysis of new partnerships on an ongoing basis.
- Lead in all aspects of deal development - prospecting, sourcing, negotiating and closing.
- Create a pipeline of opportunities that are managed & reviewed weekly/monthly/quarterly to ensure the pipeline is productive and yields profitable partnerships.
Proactively Build and maintain fruitful relationships with partners and provide clients with a consultative sales experience.
Accurately forecast media revenue demand for territory, based on Expedia Group market research data, industry insights and partner engagement.
Collaboratively, work across internal functions to optimize Media opportunities. Including collaborating with our product teams to define new product offerings, engage with management on sales strategy. Other interactions include Marketing, Media Planning & Lodging and Partner Services groups. Evangelize MeSo internally, as well as externally and work with Expedia Group supply teams to increase value of our valued partners.
Bi – Annual Revenue Goal: Consistently meet or exceed bi-annual revenue goals as set by sales leadership. Individual bi-annual goals will typically exceed $1,000,000 USD, depending on a number of factors (e.g., type and number of accounts, new vs existing business and future potential).
Who are you:
- This role requires a min 5 years of sales experience, Media Sales, travel industry or related field; or equivalent related professional experience and BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated media sales experience is essential; and a passion for the travel industry is desirable
- Strong understanding of the specific travel verticals (DMO, Airline, Accomodations, and/or Attractions) and digital and social media landscape
- History of meeting or exceeding revenue targets
- Ability to effectively pitch and influence at C management level
- Effectively analyze partner needs and identify creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to optimize revenue gains for Media Solutions
- Proven ability in consultative selling
- Travel is required, valid passport highly recommended
- Someone who thrives in face paced environment and embraces a growth mindset
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.