Senior Market Manager
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
The Senior Market Manager’s primary responsibility is to develop and maintain a high-quality portfolio of relevant, attractive, and competitive hotel and property products for Expedia Group’s fast-growing global traveler base. The Senior Market Manager works with lodging partners within their assigned territory to help maximize the production potential in the marketplace.
The Market Management team ensures that global travelers always find the most suitable property for their dream trip, and that hotel partners can reach Expedia Group’s full breadth of global traveler demand.
What you'll do:
- Develop and sustain strong partnerships in a high value strategic territory by providing relevant data insights and high-quality needs-based consulting services to hotel partners (e.g. revenue management advice, marketing opportunities on the Expedia Group marketplace)
- Develop strong relationships with C-Suite and GMs to influence at a strategic level
- Ensure that partner hotels’ products (content, rates, and availability) are consistently optimized on Expedia Group sites to maximize customer conversion
- Secure additional lodging rates and availability information over high demand and compression periods to satisfy traveler needs
- Secure seasonal deals and promotions within to support the brands’ merchandising and marketing efforts
- Continuously promote and develop hotel partners’ high engagement with Expedia Group’s full suite of:
- Unique market insights (partner reports, competitive data, key performance drivers)
- In-house revenue management tools (Rev+)
- Marketing and merchandising opportunities (dynamic promotions, packages, member deals, mobile offers)
- Specialized brands (e.g. Hotwire, Media Solutions) potential opportunities
- Self-service tools (Expedia Partner Central)
- Represent Expedia Group in assigned market(s) and establish relationships with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau/board, hotel/government association, etc.)
- Cross collaborate with internal stakeholders to execute business initiatives and drive market strategy.
- Provide ongoing input to senior management in developing effective and scalable solutions to improve process efficiencies
- Provide coaching to colleagues (Market Managers, Associate Market Managers) and peers on best practices and workflow methodologies
- Conduct regular self-learning to improve skills and influence
- Direct internal/and or regional projects, as/when required
- Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals, and/or strategic objectives)
- Promote self-service
- Guide and support Hotel Partners to deliver the best traveler experience
- Perform in-market commercial initiatives such as Seminars, Webinars, Tourism Panel Discussions, and Partner Roundtables
- Travel for partner visits 20-30% of the time
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in account management, partner/client success, consultative sales, or related field
- Experience in influencing at scale
- Proficient in English language skills
- Passionate about travel
- Work autonomously and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Possess a strong appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, and data driven decision-making
- Prioritize and multi-task effectively to achieve critical targets, goals, and/or strategic objectives set by E4B leadership team
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
- Continue to follow up when facing testing situations.
- Present ideas and directives clearly and persuasively and will actively listen
- Demonstrate analytical skills with market trends, partner performance, and competitor analysis to address business and partner needs.
- Proactively and consistently demonstrate the unique value proposition of partnering with Expedia Group
- Possess a growth mindset, consistently using feedback to improve in role/company
- Strong negotiation skills
- Relationship builder; earns the confidence of others. Bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative style
- Drive for results
- Presentation & storytelling skills
What you will get in return:
- Working with an extremely talented team of like-minded individuals who love to travel.
- A company that has incredibly strong Mission, Purpose, and Values that contribute to the betterment of our World, to strengthen connections, broaden horizons, and bridge divides
- A true sense of belonging working for a company that cares about the communities that they are in, both locally, nationally, and globally. Charitable gift matching, initiatives to help others and passionate Diversity & Inclusion groups ensure everyone is heard, respected, and can thrive.
- An exciting and diverse workplace to enjoy, challenges that will develop you and a flexible approach to your work life balance all ensure that you leave every day fulfilled.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.