Senior Data Quality Analyst
Location: Austin, Texas, Chicago, Illinois, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Data is a key component of Expedia’s travel platform. To unlock the full potential of Expedia’s data we are building capabilities that will enable consistent and trusted data exchange across the enterprise. The Enterprise Data Management and Governance (EDMG) organization is looking for Product Manager - Enterprise Data Quality
In this role, you will work to enable Enterprise data quality(DQ) program and support the efforts across business and technology in its adoption. As the DQ Product owner you will be responsible to support implementation of the Data Quality framework and lead driving the implementation efforts. This role will be responsible for delivering consistent global data quality rules, ensuring integrity of data and monitoring/ reporting overall quality of data as per established policies. He/she will be a DQ subject matter expert working closely with business partners to develop data quality products and drive continuous improvements and automation in the data quality area.
- 5+ years of hands-on technical background in data management, with experience in full lifecycle development of data management platforms and understanding of relevant best practices
- 3 + years of experience in supporting an effective enterprise data quality strategy, applying foundational data management principles, to analyze data, and identify bottlenecks, design flaws, and surface opportunities for data optimization
- Strong communication skills, including ability to convey sophisticated and complex data concepts to business and technology
- Performing statistical tests on large datasets to determine data quality and integrity.
- Evaluating system performance and design, as well as its effect on data quality.
- Collaborating with database developers to improve data collection and storage processes.
- Gathering data from primary or secondary data sources to identify and interpret trends.
- Hands-on experience in requirements gathering, identification and resolution of root causes of data quality issues and lead th communication with lines of business to implement the solutions needed for continuous data quality and controls
- Experience with the concept of end-to-end data observability and identify, assess and design processes to monitor and manage data issues
- In-depth understanding of leading data quality and data engineering tools stack
- Self-starter with ability to drive decisions and perform with a sense of urgency
- High attention to detail
- Reporting data analysis findings to management to inform business decisions and prioritize information system needs
- Driven implementation of data quality solutions to support data profiling, data quality monitoring and data remediation services, identify operational efficiencies to support trust in data assets
- Provide guidance to Data Science and Engineering team on performing analysis to define DQ rules
- Own DQ dashboards outlining data issues and data exceptions and triaging the prioritization of data issues
- Work with the platform team to translate and determine technical requirements for the Data Quality Suite of applications
- Work with the data engineers to determine progress against Data Quality Suite updates, provide technical feedback on tasks and assist testing updates to ensure they meet acceptance criteria
- Demonstrate knowledge of data structures to identify structural deficiencies or opportunities for enhanced delivery and report potential data quality issues
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.