Program Mgr II (engineering)
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Program Manger II (Engineering)
Are you looking for an opportunity to affect real change in a fast-paced data-driven environment? We are looking for hardworking people that can help connect partners to deliver data insights on our Conversation Platform. Expedia Group is laser-focused on our customers by delivering high quality service and products to internal and external partners. A platform approach enables business and engineering to provide exponential value and improve the experience of the customer.
What you will do:
- Put the customer in the center of everything we do
- Contribute to focus areas by empowering your partners, ensuring they are accurately prioritized
- Independently own medium to large sophisticated technical projects or assist in the management of these projects
- Work with product team to help define new initiatives through feasibility studies and/or impact assessments while maintaining the product roadmap
- Assist and support engineering teams to define project requirements, deliver platform capabilities by prioritizing, grooming, and supporting the development process
- Guide business partners to onboard and embrace new capabilities
- Develop detailed project plans and lead all implementation processes, including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training, and timely delivery within budget constraints
Who you are:
- 2+years in a TPM role leading intricate projects, simultaneously involving- and collaborating with teams from different subject areas
- Experience shipping software in an agile environment and translating business requirements into relevant work items. Scrum Master experience a plus
- Self-starter able to creatively tackle complicated business and technology problems in ambiguous situations
- Enjoy and take pride in delivering value to your customers
- Familiar with data platform architectures and technologies such as AWS, Snowflake, Apache Kafka, GraphQL, Qubole, Google Looker, and Tableau
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.